ANZIC is the Australian and New Zealand International Ocean Discovery Program Consortium, part of the 26 nations engaged in deploying state-of-the-art ocean drilling technologies, IODP advances the scientific understanding of the Earth and unifies the international research community to explore Earth’s last frontiers. read more »
- RV JOIDES Resolution
- JR @ Ponta Delgada, Azores
- Chikyu, in port
- JR in Curaçao
- DV Chikyu
- IODP, ODP & DSDP Drillsites
- Co-Chief, Jody Webster, Exp 325
- Greatship Maya, Exp 325
- For Scientists ANZIC provides a broad range of opportunities for Scientists in Australia, ranging from participation on board our ships to the chance to delve into data and cores from over forty years of ocean drilling expeditions.
- For Students With the support of our scientists, ANZIC seeks to share the thrill of exploration with students of all ages. Together with IODP, we offer an extensive range of educational resources and opportunities for students and their teachers from primary schoolers to university undergraduates.
October 24, 2017
FINAL REPORT Australasian IODP Regional Planning WorkshopThe Final Report from the Australasian IODP Regional Planning Workshop in Sydney is now complete. We would like to thank the workshop convenors and participants for their contributions, especially Rob McKay who has taken the lead in compiling this report. The workshop was universally regarded by the 100 participants as very timely and worthwhile, and […]… read more »
October 11, 2017
Ancient DNA Workshop, Macquarie UniversityFrom the 9th-11th of October 2017, Dr Linda Armbrecht, and ANZIC Program Scientist, A/Prof Leanne Armand co-convened an important workshop titled “Assessing the potential of ancient DNA in marine sediments” at Macquarie Univerity. In her presentation Leanne described the ‘unprecedented opportunity for ‘biosphere frontier’ projects to participate in the IODP program, including upcoming voyages and […]… read more »