ANZIC is the Australian and New Zealand International Ocean Discovery Program Consortium, part of the 26 nations engaged in deploying state-of-the-art ocean drilling technologies, IODP advances the scientific understanding of the Earth and unifies the international research community to explore Earth’s last frontiers. read more »
- RV JOIDES Resolution
- JR @ Ponta Delgada, Azores
- Chikyu, in port
- JR in Curaçao
- DV Chikyu
- IODP, ODP & DSDP Drillsites
- Co-Chief, Jody Webster, Exp 325
- Greatship Maya, Exp 325
- For Scientists ANZIC provides a broad range of opportunities for Scientists in Australia and New Zealand, ranging from participation on board our ships to the chance to delve into data and cores from over forty years of ocean drilling expeditions.
- For Students With the support of our scientists, ANZIC seeks to share the thrill of exploration with students of all ages. Together with IODP, we offer an extensive range of educational resources and opportunities for students and their teachers from primary schoolers to university undergraduates.
November 27, 2018
Call to sail!ANZIC on behalf of the International Ocean Discovery Program (IODP) is now accepting applications for the following expeditions: Expedition 387: Amazon Margin 26 April – 26 June 26, 2020. Apply by 1 March, 2019. Expedition 388: Equatorial Atlantic Gateway 26 June – 26 August, 2020. Apply by 1 May, 2019. Opportunities exist for researchers (including PHD students) in […]… read more »
October 30, 2018
Save the Date: 14th – 16th April 2019, OCEAN PLANET – Strategic planning workshop for the new IODP plan 2024 – 203414th – 16th April 2019, the Australian & New Zealand IODP Consortium (ANZIC) will be hosting OCEAN PLANET – Developing the new International Ocean Discovery Program (IODP) Strategic Plan 2024 – 2034, in Canberra, ACT. Please join us at the ANU in 2019 to plan and develop ANZIC’s contribution to IODP’s strategic plan beyond 2023. Further details will be posted through the ANZIC Bulletin. SUBSCRIBE HERE… read more »