Call for Science Committee Members
The ANZIC Science Committee is seeking three new members to replace those rotating off. The committee is made up of researchers working in ANZIC Member Institutions, representing the four IODP research themes. https://www.iodp.org/iodp-science-plan-summary/file
The Committee’s primary role is as the review and advisory body for all ANZIC science activities. These activities include:
- evaluation and nomination of applicants for shipboard roles,
- evaluation of applications for ANZIC research funding,
- support for proposal development,
- organisation of topical workshops and outreach projects,
- assess applications for IODP panel representatives.
These tasks are predominantly conducted online, however Committee members will hold a regular teleconference and an annual face-to-face meeting (19 October, 2018, in Adelaide following AGCC) to discuss policy directions and develop Committee projects.
ANZIC is seeking three new Science Committee members in semester 2, 2018. Expressions of interest are invited from researchers based in member institutions, at any career stage and in any area of expertise, however experts in IODP Themes 1 -Climate and Ocean Change and 4 Earth in Motion- hazards, are of particular interest in this round.
EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST close the 3 September, 2018.
An Expression of Interest should include:
- Your research interests and experience aligned with one of the four themes progressed by IODP (see https://www.iodp.org/iodp-science-plan-summary/file ) . Feel free to identify a minor theme if that is of relevance to your background.
- Your interest and any experience in ANZIC and IODP activities directly or indirectly (this is dependent on career-stage and opportunity).
- Acknowledgement that committee work includes confidential assessments of applications throughout the year, work on subcommittees related to the development of scientific activities and policy of ANZIC and an ability to attend/particpate in committee meetings (teleconf. and face to face).