ANZIC continues as an entity under ARC/LIEF funding until 2020 and hopefully beyond.
ANZIC funds for up to $40,000 for post-cruise analytical work. In addition there are annual calls for analytical studies of legacy ocean drilling material, leading to publication, for sums of $10,000-20,000 available.
Applications will only be considered if submitted within three months of material being available through the IODP system (aboard ship or at post-cruise sampling party).
Successful applicants should acknowledge funding from the Australian IODP Office in their publications. The application (3 pages maximum, 12 point font) should have the following general format:
- Title research proposal for funding
- Related IODP leg number and title
- Participant’s name, contact details and role on drilling leg
- Brief description of project
- Shipboard, or Bremen post-cruise, sampling and research plan (including table with timings)
- Post-cruise publication intentions (if agreed aboard ship or in Bremen)
- Costing for this work tabulated
- Justification for post-cruise analytical work
- Justification for any other costs
- Why the funding cannot be obtained elsewhere
Short progress reports (1 page) are required 6 months and one year after funding commences. A final report (3 pages) that summarises research findings, and includes a publication list (published, in press, submitted or planned), is required within 2 years after funding commences. Pro-formas for these reports are available from firstname.lastname@example.org.
The application will be reviewed by the Program Scientist and several other Australian members of the ANZIC Science Committee, and applicants will be informed of the results promptly. Funds can be provided quickly once a suitable agreement is signed by both parties. Please send your application to Leanne Armand, ( ANZIC.Programscientist@anu.edu.au ) and Science Committee Chair, Mike Coffin. ( email@example.com )
New Zealand-based researchers should contact NZODP@gns.cri.nz for information about applying for such funding.
**Please note that if you require post-cruise travel funding of any kind you should apply well prior to travelling, through the Australian IODP Office. Email firstname.lastname@example.org