Job no: 544552
Work type: Fixed Term
Location: Canberra / ACT
Classification: ANU Officer Grade 6/7 (Administration)
Salary package: $84,019 AUD – $96,713 pro rata annum plus 17% Superannuation
Term: Part-time 0.4FTE, Fixed Term until June 2023
- Great work/life balance with dynamic team culture
- Four weeks annual leave per year (pro rata) + a variety of salary packaging options
The ANU Research School of Earth Sciences is Australia’s leading academic research institution for Earth sciences, home to the largest concentration of Earth scientists in Australia. Our academic staff leads cutting-edge research that provides an unparalleled environment for high-quality research training of our graduate students. Our people and facilities are also the foundation for our vision to deliver world-class research-led undergraduate teaching in the Earth sciences.
We offer our professional staff a dynamic and flexible working environment with excellent training and career development opportunities, and the opportunity to work in a collaborative, inclusive team. On campus childcare facilities are also available for staff.
Based within the Research School of Earth Sciences, the Australian and New Zealand International Consortium (ANZIC) coordinates the Australian and New Zealand participation in the International Ocean Discovery Program (IODP), the world’s largest and longest lasting purely scientific geoscience program. The ANZIC Program Director leads a cohort of 20 partner institutions in relation to scientific and financial management of ANZIC’s involvement in the IODP Program. See iodp.org.au and www.iodp.org for further information.
The main responsibilities of the Communications Officer role include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinating, and executing a cross-platform communications strategy, together with the ANZIC Program Manager,
- Liaising with marketing and communications staff across ANZIC affiliated universities and key stakeholders,
- Coordinating and managing ANZIC’s website and online material, including promoting events on the website, uploading reports, and posting to social media,
- Participating in and providing promotional content for external ANZIC events, workshops, and/or technical support to hosting of webinars and online events, Interstate and international travel.
To excel in this role you will have experience in communications or a marketing role and will demonstrate:
- Degree in marketing and/or communications or relevant experience, with demonstrated experience in the areas of marketing, copywriting and advertising.
- An ability to develop, write and edit marketing and communications materials, including reports, posts and social media content,
- An ability to communicate with a wide range of audiences and create strategies to effectively engage them,
- Experience in HTML, CSS and/or the use of Adobe DreamWeaver,
- Experience in managing websites including monitoring performance, trends and reporting using web analytics tools.
The Australian National University provides a range of lifestyle, financial and non-financial rewards and programs to support staff in maintaining a healthy work/life balance whilst encouraging success in reaching their full career potential. For more information, please click here.
For more information about the position please contact Dr Sarah Kachovich at E: email@example.com.
ANU Values diversity and inclusion and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to those of all backgrounds and identities. People with a disability are encouraged to apply. For more information about staff equity at ANU, click here.
In order to apply for his role, please make sure that you upload the following documents:
- A statement addressing the selection criteria, and
- A current curriculum vitae (CV).
Please note: The successful applicant must have rights to live and work in this country.
The successful candidate will be required to undergo a background check during the recruitment process. An offer of employment is conditional on satisfactory results.
Advertised: 15 Mar 2022 09:00:00 AM AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 06 Apr 2022 11:55:00 PM AUS Eastern Standard Time