ANZIC is excited to announce that we will be supporting an an Australia/New Zealand ANZIC member applicant to attend the ECORD Summer School – Sea level, climate variability and coral reefs program, September 5-16 2022 at the MARUM – center for Marine Environmental Sciences and IODP Bremen Core Repository, University of Bremen, Germany.
ECORD website/information: https://bit.ly/3ji7sFW
ECORD Summer School flyer:https://bit.ly/35Pq50C
- To be eligible to apply you must be affiliated to an ANZIC member Institution or partnered organisation.
- To be eligible for this support you must be an honour student, Masters, PhD or a Postdoc.
- Successful applicant must have their sign off by their institution DVC-Research or other appropriate institutional level, that their institution approves their travel and will insure them for that travel to and from the destination.
- It is agreed that Institutions will cover any additional cost related to delays to a return or additional quarantine costs.
- You will have a valid passport. Visa expenses will be covered by ANZIC but organised by the applicant and reimbursed.
Application & Selection Process
Applications are now being accepted and we would encourage you to apply if you are a Honours student, Masters, PhD or Postdoctoral.
The deadline for applications is on 31 May 2022.
Successful applicants will be notified by e-mail about admission in June 2022. After receiving the acceptance letter, admitted participants will be required to notify ANZIC of their acceptance. The ANZIC science committee will determine who will be the successful candidate for participation support. ANZIC will confirm your participation via email with ECORD and payment will be made for the course fee.
ANZIC provides travel support for the successful ANZIC participant;
- Travel to and from Bremen, Germany
- Accommodation and Breakfast for the duration of the course
- Transfer to and from airport (reimbursement)
- Course fee
- Any visas if required (you must have a valid passport)
- Cost of any pre-flight COVID-19 tests (reimbursement)
NOTE: Travel support will only be provided once you have met all the eligibility requirements and approved by the ANZIC Science Committee.