ANZIC funds up to AU$40,000* for post-cruise analytical work.
Applications will only be considered if submitted within three months of material being available through the IODP system (aboard ship or at post-cruise sampling party).
Successful applicants should acknowledge funding from the Australian IODP Office in their publications. The application (3 pages maximum, 12 point font) should have the following general format:
- Title research proposal for funding
- Related IODP leg number and title
- Participant’s name, contact details and role on drilling leg
- Brief description of project
- Shipboard, or Bremen post-cruise, sampling and research plan (including table with timings)
- Post-cruise publication intentions (if agreed aboard ship or in Bremen)
- Costing for this work tabulated
- Justification for post-cruise analytical work
- Justification for any other costs
- Why the funding cannot be obtained elsewhere
Short progress reports (1 page) are required 6 months and one year after either post-cruise or legacy funding commences. A final report (3 pages) that summarises research findings, and includes a publication list (published, in press, submitted or planned), is required within 2 years after funding commences. Pro-formas for these reports are available below or alternatively from email@example.com.
The application will be reviewed by the Program Manager and the ANZIC Science Committee, and applicants will be informed of the results promptly. Funds can be provided quickly once a suitable agreement is signed by both parties. Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
New Zealand-based researchers should contact NZODP@gns.cri.nz for information about applying for such funding.
* Subject to inflation and at the discretion of management.