If you have been working on a proposal for scientific ocean drilling, please see the new and revised IODP Proposal Submission Guidelines. The new and revised Proposal Submission Guidelines for IODP proposals have been approved by the Facility Boards and posted to the IODP website.
The new version of the IODP Proposal Submission Guidelines ,which describes the joint submission and review process for “Land 2 Sea” drilling proposals implementing jointly by IODP and ICDP was approved in July. Read HERE to see what’s changed before the October 1 deadline.
Below are the primary relevant changes:
- New Land-2-Sea proposal guidelines that replace and streamline the Amphibious Drilling Project proposal process – a single version of the proposal can now be submitted to IODP and ICDP with a single/joint evaluation process
- Revised MSP proposal guidelines – a low, mid and high-level cost operational scenario should be included in a Full MSP Proposal
- Changes to word limits (please check Table) – increased, and now includes figure captions and table captions
- Introduction of a revised Pre-proposal (“Pre2”) – requested where SEP finds the proposal has a potentially compelling science idea but further work is needed before it can move to the Full proposal stage
- Introduction of a review response section to be completed for all revised or previously deactivated proposals
- Link provided to new proposal evaluation guidelines